Calling all families! Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area is offering a unique way to spend the day bonding with your family. Kids between the ages of 8-15 will be working on two small projects with staff and learning about affordable housing, while everyone 16 and older will be working on a home that will one day be owned by a Habitat homeowner. No experience is needed and everyone is welcome. Get your family together to give back to a family in need.
This build day is free and lunch will be provided at 12:30 pm. All we ask is that you bring an item for a Welcome Home basket for the future homeowner. Welcome Home Basket Ideas (PDF)
Join our 3rd Annual Repurpose Art Challenge! Breathe new life in old items by
re-purposing, up-cycling or just creating creating something new as either a new functional or artistic item. Pieces will be displayed at the ReStore on Saturday, April 21st from 9 am to 2 pm.
Grand Prize: $100 La Crosse Habitat ReStore Gift Certificate
Category Prizes: 1st Place $75 La Crosse Habitat ReStore Gift Certificate, 2nd Place $50 La Crosse Habitat ReStore Gift Certificate, 3rd Place $25 La Crosse Habitat ReStore Gift Certificate
Youth Prizes per Category: 1st Place $25 Valley View Mall Gift Certificate, 2nd Place $10 Barnes and Noble Gift Card, 3rd Place $10 Barnes and Noble Gift Card
- Artistic: Take used materials or items you either own or purchase from the Habitat ReStore or other second hand store and turn it into an object of beautiful art.
- Functional: Breathe new life into an item either you own or purchase from the Habitat ReStore or other second hand store. This item must be used in daily living.
- Youth: Create an artistic or functional art piece. Two categories: Grades K-5 and Grade 6-12
- Staff/Volunteer: For current Habitat for Humanity staff or volunteers. Entries may be either artistic or functional.
- Maximum three entries per person. Each entry is only eligible to win one prize.
- All photos submitted become property of Habitat for Humanity La Crosse ReStore and may be used for marketing and promotions.
- Entries will be voted on by a panel for category and grand prizes. Attendees will vote for the People’s Choice award.
- Staff and volunteers are not eligible for prizes in Artistic, Functional or Grand Prize categories.
- Voting ends at 1 pm on Saturday, April 21st. Winners will be announced at 2 pm. All items must remain on site until winners are announced.
- Items left on site after 3 pm will be considered donations to Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area unless previous arrangements are made.
- Any artist may donate completed contest items to benefit Habitat for Humanity La Crosse for auction or raffle item will be provided with a donation form for their tax records.
Please bring your entry(s) to the La Crosse Habitat ReStore between 8 – 9 am on Saturday, April 21st. The event will be outdoors held rain or shine. The event will be held under a tent if inclement weather, however, we cannot guarantee shelter for large items. Items will be voted on by a panel for category and grand prizes. Attendees will vote for the People’s Choice Award. Voting ends at 1 pm. Winners will be announced at 2 pm.
Neighbors Day 2018
Saturday, April 28th
8 am to 3 pm
Myrick Park Center
789 Myrick Park Center, La Crosse
Neighbors Day provides the elderly and disabled citizens of the City of La Crosse with help cleaning up their yards for spring. Services provided by volunteer groups include raking yards, trimming shrubs, washing windows and turning gardens.
Neighbor’s Day is an event held annually to help elderly and disabled individuals in the City of La Crosse spruce up their homes for spring. If you have a group of caring, committed citizens who would like to help rake yards, trim shrubs, turn gardens and wash windows, or if you would like to make a donation, we need YOU!
8:00am-9:00am Registration at Myrick Park Center
8:00am-1:00pm Work on assigned projects
11:30pm-1:00pm Light served at Myrick Park Center
1:00pm-3:00pm Work on assigned projects