RePair helps homeowners who struggle to maintain a safe and healthy home.
The program focuses on emergency, aging-in-place, accessibility, and code violation repairs. Groups of volunteers will work alongside Habitat staff to revitalize a home’s integrity so homeowners can regain a sense of safety and pride in their homes.
Other Types of Projects
Need some help with a home improvement project? The RePair program also offers general handyman services for any homeowner in our service area regardless of income. The program offers general contracting services for smaller home repair projects (under $7,500). The funds raised provide support for Habitat’s mission. Check projects off your list while supporting your community.
Who is it for?
All RePair projects must meet the following requirements:
- Own and reside in a home in need of repairs
- Have homeowner's insurance coverage
- Reside within the service area of Habitat for Humanity (La Crosse, Vernon, Monroe, Trempealeau, and Houston counties)
All income-eligible homeowners must also meet the following requirements:
- Fall below 80% of combined median household income for our service area (see website for current income limits)
- Be up-to-date on mortgage and property tax payments
- Agree to partner fully with Habitat in all aspects of the repair project
- Agree to a minimum of 2 hours of sweat equity on your home, other Habitat homes, or other Habitat work
- Agree to make payments IN FULL and ON TIME
- Agree to be a good ambassador for Habitat for Humanity by supporting its programs after your project is complete
The RePair program prioritizes the following projects:
- Accessibility modifications, including installation of handicap accessible ramps and railings
- Smaller emergency repairs that allow you to live safely in your home
- Aging-in-place modifications
- Code violations
- Other necessary home repairs typically under $7,500
Project requests may not include:
- Elective reconstruction or remodeling projects
- Redecorating projects or unnecessary aesthetic changes
- Major rehabilitation projects over $7,500
Is it free?
Income-eligible homeowners must repay the project costs through a 1- to 6-year, 0% loan. Homeowners make a monthly payment, with repayment terms that are affordable for each household. A lien will be placed against the home until the loan is repaid.
All other homeowners pay for the project during the repair process.
Estimates available upon request.