Mission, Vision & Strategic Plan
Bring people together to provide and preserve affordable housing opportunities and create a community where all feel they belong.
A Coulee Region with ample, quality housing options and healthy, sustainable communities for all.
Committed to reuse and environmental sustainability.
We believe healthy land and water are essential to a sense of home and belonging. Sustainable practices are embedded in our programs.
Rooted in faith in community.
We honor the traditions and values of our founders, and we respect the needs and challenges of our local community as we together seek solutions for affordable housing.
Driven to innovate.
We believe our mission calls us to be creative in our work. We look for fresh solutions and partnerships to solve the problems facing our community.
Called to advocate.
We demand forward-thinking from our elected officials and work to keep the critical need for quality, affordable housing at the forefront of policy makers’ minds.
In 2021, Habitat staff and board created a five-year strategic plan, featuring four key directions. It is a guiding document which helps energize our work.
We are the leading mission-driven retail store with a focus on implementing technologies and efficiencies in order to cover all operational expenses for the organization.
- Increase gross annual sales to $1 million.
- Develop and implement an online store that generates $50,000 in additional revenue per year.
- Increase ReClaim revenue by 100%
Grow and sustain a family of volunteers who find their service to be rewarding, social, fun, and fulfilling.
- Find and create new ways to make the volunteer experience rewarding, as measured by yearly volunteer satisfaction surveys.
- Establish a written system to effectively, recruit, train, utilize, support, appreciate, and recognize all unique volunteers at Habitat.
- Create a strategic marketing and recruitment campaign to increase volunteer hours by 25% across programs.
Through community support and education, Habitat for Humanity of the Greater La Crosse Region is one of the top go-to organizations for donors and philanthropists.
- Create unique annual signature event that raises $100,000 per year.
- Diversify fundraising by increasing the number of donors and sponsors by 20% year over year.
- Diversify fundraising by increasing monetary and in-kind donations by 20% year over year.
Identify, develop, and implement innovative, collaborative, and sustainable programming to match mission and community needs.
- Expand RePair program to include low-income and market-rate home repairs with a focus on emergency, accessibility, and aging-in-place repairs. Complete at least 20 projects by the end of 2023, with a goal of 100 projects per year.
- Create new and expand existing sustainability programs. Research, prioritize, and expand at least four unique sustainability programs.
- Develop job skills training program in conjunction with Habitat homeownership program. Complete one new home construction project by the end of 2027.
- Establish Habitat as the prevalent expert on affordable housing in the community by providing relevant educational and advocacy related training and outreach in the community.